Monday, April 9, 2012

Funday (way more fun than Monday)


For some, today is a holiday. For some, this is Monday. For most, cute kitty pictures just make the day slide back a mite smoother. Think about your writing in a few minutes. For now, there are kitties. Thanks to my email correspondent for sending me this and making my day a bit more kitten-filled. My then-kittens now hurl fur balls onto the carpet, demand food on a whim and stare at me in disgust if I deign to enter a room where they're sleeping. They're precious.

1. The Full Situp
To achieve the full situp, you must begin with the genuine intention of exercising your abs and promptly fall asleep midway through the task. This position is extremely advanced and not recommended for amateur sleepers.
2. The Awkward Spoon
The goal here is not so much intimacy as it is the socially uncomfortable sharing of a physical space with someone. Bonus points if your arm falls asleep but you're too embarrassed to move it.
3. The Semicircle
Tuck your tail between your legs and imagine that you are an omelet.
4. The Sunbather
The trick is to look like someone who is acting comfortable whilst also appearing extremely uncomfortable. Let's take this excellent opportunity to coin the term "meta-comfortable."
5. The Double Bed
You will need a partner for this one. The goal is not so much comfort as an expression of sheer, unadulterated greed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Elspeth, these are just wonderful! I think you've used exactly the right word - greed - on that last one. Such decadence :-). OK, time for me to write. Nah! One more look at the kitties first :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? And to make things clear, I'm not the author. This was sent to me via email. I've no idea who the author is, but thank you, who ever you are!

      Delete
  2. These are hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos cracked me up, and the captions are excellent. Now that I'm a full-fledged cat person, I really should start stalking my own kitty with a camera.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I love to hear from you!